4G5GWorld has a new home now. Visit TelecomGrid for new stories and blogs!

[TS 36.331 v9.10.0] what does "reportCGI" means?

in LteWorld Forum

5.5.2.1 General
E-UTRANi applies the procedure as follows:
- to ensure that, whenever the UEi has a measConfig, it includes a measObject for the serving frequency;
- to configure at most one measurement identity using a reporting configuration with the purpose set to 'reportCGI';

I cannot understand what reportCGI means. Could somebody tell me?
Thank you~

It is a enum value for field

It is a enum value for field "purpose", see below from same spec,

ReportConfigEUTRA ::= SEQUENCE {
triggerType CHOICE {
event SEQUENCE {
eventId CHOICE {
eventA1 SEQUENCE {
a1-Threshold ThresholdEUTRA
},
eventA2 SEQUENCE {
a2-Threshold ThresholdEUTRA
},
eventA3 SEQUENCE {
a3-Offset INTEGER (-30..30),
reportOnLeave BOOLEAN
},
eventA4 SEQUENCE {
a4-Threshold ThresholdEUTRA
},
eventA5 SEQUENCE {
a5-Threshold1 ThresholdEUTRA,
a5-Threshold2 ThresholdEUTRA
},
},
hysteresis Hysteresis,
timeToTrigger TimeToTrigger
},
periodical SEQUENCE {
purpose ENUMERATED {
reportStrongestCells, reportCGI}
}
},
triggerQuantity ENUMERATED {rsrp, rsrq},
reportQuantity ENUMERATED {sameAsTriggerQuantity, both},
maxReportCells INTEGER (1..maxCellReport),
reportInterval ReportInterval,
reportAmount ENUMERATED {r1, r2, r4, r8, r16, r32, r64, infinity},
}

Thanks a lot! But I want to

Thanks a lot!
But I want to know the meaning when the purpose is set to reportCGI.
Acutally, I don't know what the CGI means.

CGI- Cell Global

CGI- Cell Global Identity,
Basically this flag indicates UEi to start measurements for configured measId ..read further in 5.5.3.1
-----------
1> if a measId is configuredfor which the purpose within the associated reportConfig is set to 'reportCGI':
2> try to acquire the global cell identity of the cell indicated by the cellForWhichToReportCGI in the associated measObject by acquiring the relevant system information from the concerned cell;
2> if the cell indicated by the cellForWhichToReportCGI included in the associated measObject is an E-UTRANi cell:
3> try to acquire the list of additional PLMNi Identities, as included in the plmn-IdentityList, if multiple PLMN identities are broadcast in the concerned cell;
NOTE: The 'primary' PLMN is part of the global cell identity.
2> if the cell indicated by the cellForWhichToReportCGI included in the associated measObject is a UTRAN cell:
3> try to acquire the LAC, the RACi and the list of additional PLMN Identities, if multiple PLMN identities are broadcast in the concerned cell;
2> if the cell indicated by the cellForWhichToReportCGI included in the associated measObject is a GERANi cell:
3> try to acquire the RAC in the concerned cell;
2> if the cell indicated by the cellForWhichToReportCGI included in the associated measObject is a CDMA2000 cell and the cdma2000-Type included in the measObject is 'typeHRPD':
3> try to acquire the Sectori ID in the concerned cell;
2> if the cell indicated by the cellForWhichToReportCGI included in the associated measObject is a CDMA2000 cell and the cdma2000-Type included in the measObject is 'type1XRTT':
3> try to acquire the BASE ID, SID and NID in the concerned cell;